Sexual Health 101 for Women* of Color (WOC)
Time & Location
About The Event
In this interactive workshop, we will explore the body, traditional sexual health practices passed on from our ancestors and common sexual health concerns. Participants will build upon the knowledge they may or may not have received in school in a safe and inclusive space where questions and discussions are encouraged. By the end of this session participants will have a better understanding of:
- how sexual organs function in the body?
- birth control: risks & benefits
health concerns: how they impact WOC?
- sexually transmitted infections: treatment and prevention
- infertility & miscarriage
- fibroids, endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Breast, ovarian, and cervical cancers
Who is this workshop for?
- Caregivers who want to learn what their kids are learning about sexual health so they can engage in meaningful conversations.
- Educators and professionals who discuss sexual health with youth and adults
- Students (18+) who are looking to expand upon what they have learned in school
- Lifelong learners who want to enhance their sexual health knowledge in a group setting
*Women includes trans/cis women and non-binary individuals.
- Snacks included
- Infants are welcome to stay with their caregivers during the workshop.
- Sliding Scale pricing available upon request
Facilitator: Naika Thomas - RN, BScN, MPH
Naika Thomas is a public health nurse (PHN) and the owner of QueensConnected. With over 10 years experience as a PHN, she provides health education and support to teachers, students and community groups on the topics of sexual health, mental health, and nutrition name a few.
- General Workshop Ticket$65$650$0
- Student Ticket (with valid ID)$45$450$0
- Pair of Workshop Tickets$120$1200$0